The ministries of this church are the life blood of this church. You will want to become involved where your spiritual needs can be fulfilled and where you can share what God has done in your life. Whether it is joining in community service or becoming part of the youth group we want for you to find a place to serve and a place to grow as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
Make sure you check out the ministry opportunities we have to offer! You are always welcome to view our list and let us know if you are interested in being a part of any of the current ones we have.
If you would like to serve in a ministry, we would love to hear from you! Click here to let us know.
The ministries of Linwood are the lifeblood of this church. We welcome all who want to become involved where your spiritual needs can be fulfilled and where you can share what God has done in your life. Whether it is joining in community service or becoming part of the youth group, we want for you to find a place to serve and a place to grow as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
You are always welcome to view our list and let us know if you are interested in being a part of any of the current ones we have. If you would like to serve in a ministry, we would love to hear from you! Click here to let us know.
Ministries and descriptions
1. Adult Sabbath School Secretary: A ministry of ordering and distributing materials for church programs, and providing clerical help for program leaders.
2. Adult Sabbath School Superintendent: A ministry of developing leaders, planning programs and recruiting volunteers for the Sabbath School.
3. Adult Sabbath School Teachers:
4. Audio/Video – Camera: Camera people to work one of the two cameras during the Worship Service to allow online viewers a quality worship experience.
5. Audio/Video – PowerPoint: Preparing for and working PowerPoint during the Worship Service.
6. Audio/Video – Sound/PA: Working with sound each Sabbath for the Worship Service.
7. Audio/Video – TriCaster/Video Controller: Serving the Lord behind the scenes during each Worship Service to ensure viewers see a quality service as they watch online and the service is recorded.
8. Better Living Center: Serving the Lord by helping the community.
9. Bible Studies: Lay Bible ministers are credentialed by the local conference with the approval of the church board or church ministries council and not selected by your committee, but it is good to keep this position in mind since it is a major one.
10. Building Committee: This ministry involves work for the new church building in contributing expertise and talent.
12. Children Ministry – Adventurers: This ministry has endless possibilities to help children learn more about Jesus.
13. Children Ministry – Pathfinders: Serving the Lord in building young people of faith by working with young children (ages 10 – 16) while doing camping, honors, and many other things.
14. Children Ministry – Vacation Bible School Director: A ministry to help children develop a friendship with Jesus, with the Bible, with the church and with each other.
15. Children’s Sabbath School Leaders:
16. Deacon/Jrs and Deaconess/Jrs: A ministry of helping with the physical needs of the congregation, assisting during communion services, the church equipment and building.
17. Décor Committee: Serving the Lord in maintaining the church’s interior décor.
18. Disaster Relief: Serving the Lord in helping others prepare for disasters.
19. Elder: A ministry of visitation, worship leadership, spiritual mentoring and church administration.
20. Family Life Ministries: A ministry of needs assessment, program development and education.
21. Finance Committee: Serving the Lord while working with the tithes and offerings.
22. Greeters: A ministry in the foyer on Sabbaths, making contact with newcomers and taking an interest in individuals.
23. He’s Alive TV Board: Serving the Lord in the TV/video ministry by participating in monthly meetings and acting as a liaison for the church.
24. Health Ministries Leader: A ministry of planning and developing programs to educate members and the community about chemical dependency, diet, physical fitness and disease prevention.
25. Home & School Association: A ministry of communication between parents and church school.
26. Hospitality and/or Visitation Team: A ministry to visitors and new members, as well as others who may be lonely. A coordinator and several teams or couples are needed.
27. Grounds: Serving the Lord by maintaining the Church grounds.
28. Pew Ministry: Restocking the pews with tithe envelopes, Notes of Encouragement cards, Green Cards, etc.
29. School Board: A ministry of sponsoring a church school. Includes the board chairperson and several members.
30. Senior Ministry: This ministry involves caring for elderly members who need help with transportation, caretaking, food, etc.
30. Singles’ Ministries: Serving the Lord by forming a committee, doing Bible studies, and social events.
32. Friendship Evangelism (aka Social Committee): A ministry of providing opportunities for fellowship and fun during recreational evangelism.
33. Treasurer: A specialized, vital ministry in which the treasurer exercises his or her spiritual gifts. The whole congregation benefits indirectly from the work of the treasurer (Tithes and offerings, Receipting, Banking, Records, Personal Receipts, Accounts Payable, Financial Statements).
34. Website/Communication: Ministry in maintaining/updating Linwood’s website www.linwoodsda.org.
35. Women’s Ministry Leader: A ministry of planning and developing programs to meet the needs of women in local congregations. This may take place through a planning committee, assessments, program development, and advocating women’s needs, concerns and contributions.
36. Worship Service – Children’s Story Coordinators: Coordinator schedules people to tell stories for the children (and adults) and anyone interested in telling stories.
37. Worship Service – Music Ministry: Organist, Pianists, Choir director, Praise Team Leader, Singer)
38. Worship Service – Special Music Coordinators: Coordinate special music to happen during the Worship Service.