Everyone involved with children’s ministries needs to do Verified Volunteer training.
Three personal references need to be provided by clicking here – Personal References.
Online training can be done by following the below instructions:
- Go to www.ncsrisk.org/adventist
- Select the Union (North Pacific Union Conference) and Conference (Upper Columbia Conference)
- Create a user ID and a password you can easily remember (it’s recommended to use your email address for your user name)
- Please provide the information requested on the screen. (NOTE: DO NOT click the back button or your registration will be lost.)
- Select your primary location where you work or volunteer and click continue. If you work or volunteer in another location, please select ‘Yes’ and then select the location.
- Select your role(s) within the organization (multiple may be selected).
- Click on the green circle to begin the online training. (NOTE: The training needs to be done all in one sitting without logging out. Logging out will reset the training to the beginning. The entire process (registration, training, screening) will take just over one hour.)Upon completion, the last screen will you to print a certificate. (ADDITIONAL DETAILS: Once the online training and the submission of your background check is completed, you can login to your account and click on ‘My Report’ to view your online training, retrieve a certificate, and view your background check completion date. You can also access ‘Update My Account’ to update your personal information.)
- Please read the instructions regarding the details of the online training and then proceed. Select ‘Click Here’ to begin the online training. (NOTE: Training can take up to one hour.)
- Upon completion of your online training, you will be instructed to complete your background check. Please complete the steps within the background check process (NOTE: The background check will only take 5-10 minutes.)
- If you are a volunteer, you will be directed to complete the Verified Volunteers Background Check by clicking on the ‘Complete the Verified Volunteers Background Check.’ Verified Volunteers will require you as a volunteer to claim your account using three pieces of information – email address, home zip code, and date of birth. You will then be redirected to the Verified Volunteers platform to confirm the details required for the background check. (ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND CHECK INFORMATION: (1) Enter your full LEGAL name – Not an alias or nick name; (2) You will be giving consent to run the background check on Step 3; (3) The Fair Credit Reporting Act governs all background checks – We are NOT checking your credit report. Use of the word “credit” references the law. You can print a copy of that consent form.)
- Review and complete the consent form.
- Confirm the information is correct and click submit. Once the background check has been successfully processed you will be notified via email. (PLEASE NOTE: You are not cleared to volunteer until your personal references have been completed, check with your local volunteer screening coordinator to determine when you are fully eligible to volunteer.)